Sunday, October 23, 2011

A New Beginning

Hello fellow bloggers and readers. I have started this new more positive blog about a new beginning. I seem to have a lot of those but I have come to realize a couple of things. First that I have to start over many times in my life and second and most importantly, it's okay to start over and begin new chapters in my life. You see, I get to write my own chapters and do not have to abide by the lessons, experiences, and history of my past. No, I don't have my life figured out even partially but that's okay. It's all about perspective.

Perspective is something that I have been thinking about lately. A new perspective grounds me. It brings me back to reality when my past haunts me. Simple things like something someone said on the radio or watching a TV program can remind me of keeping things in perspective. Sometimes it takes my therapist to point something out and sometimes I see things on my own. My hope is that someday I can see things without major intervention but I am so very grateful for the people and things in my life that provide a new perspective on life and/or situations.

I plan on seeing something new everyday and sharing it with you not because I want the World to believe what I believe to provide a glimmer of hope and dedication for a better life. A life that we can write ourselves. A life of letting go of past hurts and mistakes. Life doesn't have to seem like I am climbing an uphill mountain that continues to get higher and higher. Yes I often think that and get very depressed at the thought and want to give up. Life is what I make of it and I choose to learn and grow each day and fight the battles.

No comments:

Post a Comment