Wednesday, January 9, 2013

"It's Time"

Probably over thinking this whole New Year's Resolution thing since I don't really make resolutions, but motto's for the year, I think I have come up with one. 

"It's Time!!!!"

And yes, this is thanks to a few conversations with a few different people. This encompasses quite a few things. One of which is overcoming guilt. I need to quit feeling so guilty over everything! For example, just today I spent the morning at the doctor's office because of some strange new allergic reaction I have been having. Between the time and money that I spent on myself, I feel guilty. Guilty taking care of me and guilty spending money on myself. Things I don't deserve, even if it is for my health. It's not true though. I do deserve to be healthy and to take care of myself. It's time to really take care of my body, mind, and soul. Not because it's for my girls, or friends, or co-workers, but for me; because I deserve it!

It's amazing to me the amount of guilt I feel everyday. It's so heavy and I just don't want it anymore. I want to be able to do things that keep me healthy and even alive (need to carry an Epi-Pen with me now). I want to be active and healthy and around for my girls when they are older. I want them to know that it's okay to take care of themselves too. They can only learn by example. 

While my girls have been and will continue to be a huge motivation for me, 'it's time' for me to do for me because of me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment