Friday, November 4, 2011

Hanging by a Thread

I am trying so very hard to turn my perspective around in this defeated position. Here I sit, completely defeated and unable to do this on my own anymore. I have been close to tears for days and those of you that know me, know that I don't cry! I am spinning and spinning and feel like everything is just so out of control. The logical side of me knows that I need to do something and take back control but I just don't know what that looks like. Recovery, well has seen and heard a few choice words and is almost out the window. At this point all I am trying to do is hold it together so my girls so realize how bad our situation really is.

What I can do is be thankful that today I have a job. Today I have hot water. Today I woke up with a roof over my head and a warm blanket covering me. Today I have clean clothes to wear and today I have food in the cupboard. I am also thankful that I get to watch my daughter in her first performance tonight! Today I will try to hang on to today and remember that today is what I have right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment